Friday, September 18, 2009

I've got a golden ticket!

Cycle 11, CD 20

Okay, not really a golden ticket but pretty darn close! Today was my follow up with Dr. H after meeting with my NP earlier this summer. I'd never met Dr. H before since she took over for my last doc but I really liked her! This was her first week back from maternity leave and she told me I was her first infertility patient since coming back. :o)

She was pretty happy to see that I was already on a working dose of Metformin, that I am/have been charting and am now using a CBEFM, that DH's s/a results should be available at the beginning of the week, and well basically that I'm pretty informed! So here's the game plan:

1) Continue have my progesterone checked 7 DPO
2) Call the office at the beginning of my next cycle to schedule a CD 12/13 ultrasound
3) Clomid 50mg (!!!!) CD 3-7 next cycle
4) Follow up with her in 2 months if no BFP

JOY!!!! She said that an HSG is recommended before starting Clomid but she conceived on Clomid and declined one before giving it ago so she was comfortable giving me 2 tries while declining the HSG. If no BFP, then we'll have to do it. And even though it will be in the main radiology department (like I was afraid) she actually would be the one to do the exam. Yay!

So going back to my title, I seriously wanted to skip out of the office singing "I've Got a Golden Ticket" from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory because that's what that Clomid script felt like. I really thought I was going to have to jump through some hoops that I wasn't looking forward to before getting it and honestly I kind of figured that the in between was going to end up being lost time. This feels like a great compromise. Plus, I was really happy to hear that she'd worked with an RE in the past so she's pretty comfortable with the infertility issues. I'm thinking that's why she went ahead with the ultrasound monitoring right away too which is fantastic.

For the first time in a very long time, I'm actually pretty excited about TTC again! :o)

No comments: