Thursday, June 4, 2009

Set backs

Cycle 8, CD 13

Well, I had decided to go ahead and temp this cycle but it's been hard getting back into the swing of it. I've learned from past cycles though that even without perfect charting technique, they can still be useful in determining O. I've been trying to quell any excitement at the thought of getting a super special birthday present in the form of a BFP at the end of the month. Like I said before, it's too easy to read signs into things.

I was feeling fairly confident with this decision until we got some news Sunday night. DH is going to have to repeat a course at school and at the minimum, it'll set him back a semester. In the big picture of life, I know it's not a very big deal. But before I was taking some comfort in knowing that starting with this cycle, DH would more likely than not have good/great insurance for our whole family by the time our LO would be born if we were successful this cycle. I have great insurance for myself, but right now we'd have to pay A LOT to cover a LO too. Now that's not going to happen either.

We'll have to wait a bit to find out when he might be able to reenter his program. And after we know more about how long of a delay we're looking at, maybe we can talk more about TTC strategies. I'm scheduled to meet with my OB/GYN at the end of the month and depending on when/if AF comes this month, we could start Clomid as early as next cycle. I just don't know if I feel comfortable doing that not knowing for how long our lives have essentially been put on hold ....

No comments: