Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Moving forward

Cycle 9, CD 7

So I went to the OB/GYN today to take my nurse practioner up on her offer for some fertility assistance. I had told her at my yearly appointment back in October that we were officially starting to try and she told me to let her know if we needed help since I'd already been diagnosed with PCOS. Well, 8 cycles and 9 months later I'm ready for some help. It looks like it's going to take a little bit of time though because the OB that my provider practices under is out on maternity leave.

For now, I have a standing lab order to have my progesterone drawn 7DPO for the next few cycles to make sure that I am really ovulating and that there isn't any LP defect (my LPs are getting more on the shorter end at 11 days lately). She also sent in a request for DH to have a s/a done which apparently requires an appointment at the lab here. Unfortunately she said the lab is pretty backed up so we likely won't get an appointment until August. But since I won't be able to see the other doc until September when she comes back, it's not really a huge deal.

If we're not pregnant by the time doc is back, we'll have an appointment to see her and likely schedule an HSG which I'm not particularly looking forward to. It's not the test itself but that I'm an x-ray tech and worked as a student in the department that I'd have to have it done in so I know most anyone there, including the radiologists. Plus I'm sort of nervous that there is some blockage because of something from several years ago. Before DH, I was in a long term relationship for several years. At the end when I'd decided to quit my job and move home to my family, I went in for an annual exam before I lost my insurance. I told the doctor that I couldn't be certain what all was going on with my ex so she tested me for STDs. Turns out the jerk had given me chlyamidia who knows when and I know that can cause some tubal scaring. Just something else to worry about I suppose.

So that's the plan for now. I know this was long winded but I think it helps me to lay it all out. :o)

No comments: