Friday, May 21, 2010

End of the road

Some of you may have seen this coming. I know I have for a long time. There will be no more TTC talk for me, at least not in the near future. I've asked my husband for a divorce. Our marriage has not been well for a long time and I'm finally cutting ties to move on. At the point we started TTC, I thought we were moving forward together. The longer it took, the more I realize I was desperately trying to force him to grow up when he really didn't want to. But I think this whole process has only helped me to see how flawed our relationship was. The one common thread among all of you was how wonderful and supportive your husbands were in the process. I didn't have that, not even in the beginning. We've basically been pleasant roommates for the better part of a year now. I want more. I deserve more. And I know I'll find it. I'm free now and there's so much happiness waiting for me. Thank you all for your friendship and I wish you nothing but happiness on your journeys forward.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh, honey, i can't tell you how sorry i am that you're going through this. I can't imagine how hard it was to come to this decision. I am so glad, though, that you have come to a decision that you are happy with and i wish you so much happiness and joy in your future! Please keep in touch!!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you are going through this, but I am so proud of you for making this decision despite how difficult it must have been. You deserve only the best and only the greatest happiness and I am so glad you recognized that. I know you started this blog to write about your adventures in TTC, but I would love to keep reading about your life if you do decide to keep writing. I just want you to know that.

Best of luck and I know we will continue to stay in touch. xo

Anonymous said...

Oh, goodness. I am so sorry that you are going through this, but I think it's awesome that you have been brave enough to make this decision.

I have been married before, too and while I think our situations were/are different, I was also the one to make the "divorce decision." I know how hard it is, but you are SO RIGHT -- There is happiness waiting for you out there and you DO deserve it!!

((big hugs))