Thursday, December 3, 2009

Oh how the time flies!

I know I've been an absent blogger lately. Life's just been busy I suppose. I've been sick for most of the last week which sucks but at least it happened after Thanksgiving. My brother and his family were up from Florida including my 17 month old nephew. I know a lot of women have talked about how hard it was to see other family member's children and pregnant bellies. For some reason I was fine with it. I loved sitting on the floor playing with him, seeing how quickly he learns things now, and especially when he picked my lap to crawl in when he was sleepy. My brother and I talked the night before they flew up and he was telling me how my SIL is not one of those women who adores being pregnant. Don't get me wrong, she loves being a mother and is pretty darn good at it too but the actual pregnancy thing is not her gig. I finally ended up telling him that DH and I have been trying for over a year. SIL has gotten pregnant twice on the pill now and while I know pregnancy isn't an easy thing, maybe it's harder to appreciate when it's come so easily to her. My brother was incredibly understanding and supportive and maybe that's part of what makes it easier not to begrudge them for their super fertility.

Even though I'm not feeling great I did drag our Christmas tree upstairs last night. I work a lot this month and I guess I figured if I didn't get it up soon, it wouldn't get put up at all. Plus I figured that it would spur me into dragging everything else out too. So I unzip the tree bag and the first thing I see is a stocking. A light green and white classic Pooh stocking I had bought on clearance at the end of the season last year. I figured it would work for a boy or a girl and still being relatively new to TTC, I was sure we'd have a baby by this time or at the very least be pregnant. Ha!

I do have some news on that front though. DH had his follow up with the urologist. The WBCs are gone which is awesome! So now we're scheduling the back to back s/a and we'll go from there. And even though AF dropped by yesterday, it was the first time ever that I've had a "perfect" 28 day cycle! Even though I haven't been tracking at all, I was pretty sure I Oed earlier this month and it looks like I was right. I attribute it to recent weight loss (11.6 pounds as of Tuesday) and exercising more. I think we're going to let nature take it's course for the next few months still before getting back to really trying. I'd really like to lose another 20 lbs or so even though I know I have a lot more than that to ultimately lose but I really don't feel like taking a whole year off to do it. DH has decided he really does want to finish his RN and there is a chance he could start another program this summer and be done spring 2011.

I guess that's it for now....I'll try to be around more! :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you've posted an update! I've been wondering how you're doing. I'm sorry you've been sick, but it sounds like everything else is going pretty well. Hooray for the weight loss, perfect cycle, and the upcoming s/a! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad you are back!! :-) Congrats on the weight loss. I hope the sa's come out great (um...no pun intended! lol). Keep us posted!!