Monday, December 21, 2009

Add another one to the list

Last night on Facebook I came across an old friend of ours that we have not seen or heard from in 6 1/2 years. She was a friend of DH's before he and I met and actually is part of the chain that let to us meeting. J is the mother of my high school boyfriend's daughter but they haven't been together since about the time she was born 10 years ago. She introduced DH and the ex BF so DH could rent a room from the ex and ex could make his child support payments. Following so far? So when I moved back in with my parents 8 years ago, ex caught wind of it and called me trying to rekindle things. I called back, trying to very nicely tell him I was not interested and DH answered the phone (roomies, remember?) and as he was passing the phone to ex, made the comment I sounded cute. Ex said "Hello?" and I said "What did he just say?" Ex started laughing and handed the phone back to DH. We talked for 45 minutes, he asked if I wanted to catch a movie and we've been together ever since (much to the dismay of ex).

Okay, back to our friend J. She had just gotten engaged to someone else, M, when I met DH and was getting married the following year. DH proposed 9ish months later and we set a date for 3 months after J & M were getting married. She and I ended up bonding over wedding plans and hating on the ex BF (really rather funny and made ex completely crazy).

So today she confirms my friend request and sent me a bubbly note about how she's in the last weeks of her pregnancy and this time next month she'll be holding her beautiful twin girls. Looking over the rest of her profile, these will be children 4 and 5 for her. And what could I say? I told her where we're living, where I work, and what DH is doing in school. "No kids yet, but hopefully soon!" Right.

Great, so that makes FOUR people I know due in the next 3 weeks. Fantastic. This whole waiting for my turn thing is wearing my patience thin. I realize we haven't been actively trying in the last few months but I guess that's kind of part of the process when it goes on this long, don't you think? I figure that we;ve got another full cycle until we get DH's s/a results back then we'll give the Clomid a shot and go from there. The longing for a baby is still there, it just hurts too much to put the effort in without results any more.

2 comments:

Marybeth said...

sometimes I think FB is a spawn of the devil. This happens to us all way too often. I'm dealing with all the ooohs and ahhhs with 2 of my sorority sisters giving birth this week, not to mention the half dozen or so that find it necessary to give daily updates about morning sickness, belly bumps and fluttering. It's make me sick to my stomach!
Sorry you had to have that be your first words reconnecting with an old friend. I'm here for you, and know how you feel! ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

I keep "hiding" people's news feeds on Facebook to avoid u/s photos and stupid pregnancy announcements. Sometimes I get so irritated that I want to just delete my account.

(((hugs))) I hope we all get there soon.