Thursday, December 31, 2009

Grumpy

Okay, so maybe grumpy is saying it soft - I'm just plain pissed off. I'm not really sure at what exactly, it just seems to be a lot of little things all at once. Like having to haul all of the groceries in the house by myself yet again after fighting a mob of people at the store. Then finding that my mom & dad's puppy that we're watching had pooped in the guest room because DH didn't close the door. Then finding it still there after I loudly pointed it out and went to use the bathroom myself. Seeing the earliest twinges of spotting when I went to the bathroom. DH shrugging off actually doing anything for NYE (not that I was really that into it but I'm sick of being the one to make all the plans and then having him just sit there like a bump on a log). And then the neighbors started in with the damn fireworks - AGAIN. Oh yes, then I remembered this was the NYE we were supposed to be in NYC celebrating DH's graduation and RN license. Joy.

Maybe I'll be in a better mood tomorrow. I'm pretty sure this is just AF talking because I'm like seriously angry at a whole lot of nothing. But it still didn't stop me from picking up the phone and calling the cops on my pyro happy neighbors. I mean, I get July 4th and even NYE but seriously, when did Halloween become a fireworks worthy holiday? I guess I'd just rather not get my house burned down by some drunken idiots setting off professional sized fireworks in a heavily populated residential area, KWIM?

Blah and screw 2009 anyway.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I'm sorry you had such a crappy evening (or start to your evening). I'm hoping that maybe it got a little better...

Oh, and about those damn fireworks?? I TOTALLY feel ya on that. We have multiple set of neighbors that do them all the DAMN time, too. And it scares the sh*t out of our dogs. Not fun. I hate them on July 4th and New Year's!

i_c_thru_u said...

I KNOW, right!? Mom & Dad's puppy was terrified of them last night. The idiots were setting them off back by the other neighbor's trees and all the power lines. Lovely. And back at the 4th, there were so many people setting off large (and illegal here) fireworks that there was a dense fog of smoke. I hate it.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had such a bad evening. :( I hope the past few days were better for you. Happy New Year, K. I hope all of your dreams come true in 2010!

Dawn said...

I'm sorry you had such a bad night! I cannot believe that your neighbors set off professional fireworks. Scary!

I hope you're starting to feel better!