Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Two whole weeks!

So my girlfriend called today to say she had her baby last Thursday. Of course we had to go through the whole birthing story. As she was winding down she started talking about how she thought it would have taken them longer to get pregnant. They got married in November because she wanted kids like yesterday (her second marriage, ironically divorced the first time because she didn't want kids) and "tried for two whole weeks straight!" right after the wedding. But then she took a HPT that was negative followed by a positive a week later. Not even married a month and she got pregnant right away. And she ended the whole thing with "So are you guys trying?"

ARGH!!!!! How is it someone who apparently doesn't even understand the whole ovulation cycle get pregnant on the first try so easily? It just frustrates the HECK out of me. Don't get me wrong, I really do like my friend and I am very happy for her. Just after the whole ordeal with the s/a yesterday and then I started spotting last night/this morning....*sigh* it's taking a lot of effort to be happy for her.

No comments: