Saturday, October 17, 2009

Still no news

Cycle 12, CD 15

Well, the week came and went without any word from the dean. He said we'd hear from him by Tuesday or Wednesday last week but not a peep the entire week. I really don't have any idea what's going on. We found out yesterday that another girl from his class who was failed earlier in the semester was failed because she's foreign and they didn't feel she grasped the English language well enough to continue. Really? She made it through an entire year of nursing school and paid how much money for someone to decide half way through that she didn't speak well enough to pass? Apparently they don't just discriminate against men....

DH had his urology appointment on Thursday. Doc doesn't trust a single s/a so he wants him to have two more a week apart. They took a urine sample and yes, WBCs were still present. DH called me as he was leaving and I told him that we weren't doing the repeat s/a until there was some sort of treatment done. We know there is some sort of infection if there are WBCs in his urine and semen and I'm not dropping another $300 until there's at least some attempt at treating whatever is going on! So DH went back in and talked to the nurse. They gave him a script to have his urine cultured and for a month of Cipro. Wow! That's pretty aggressive, in fact DH isn't sure he wants to be antibiotics for that long. I'm feeling like it's probably necessary at this point. Thinking back he's had episodes were we've thought he had kidney issues and I wouldn't be surprised if he's had an infection for a long time without being very symptomatic. His physical exam checked out fine though. He's got an appointment to go back in 6 weeks and hopefully this time I can go with him.

And I have to admit, I kind of feel like we're just in a holding pattern. I've gotten really lax about temping, charting, and even using my CBEFM. It just all seems pointless right now. I know that it's going to take some time to get DH's issues resolved so it's kind of like why stress out about it for now? DH is still pretty depressed too and I just don't feel like being the BD nazi pushing him to DTD, ya know? So maybe I'll take a cue from my WW meeting and just focus on me for now. Get back to eating better, exercising, and listening to my body. It's still working toward a baby....just in a different way. ;o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

How awful they failed that girl because she's foreign! I hope you hear something soon about DH.

As for the holding pattern, I know that feeling all too well. But trust me, the things you are doing ARE helping you achieve your BFP. It's just not in the traditional way.

Marybeth said...

I'm sort of in that holding pattern right now too. We're just not in the right place to move on to more agressive procedures (both financially & emotionally). I'm going to work on losing some weight, and hopefully that will get me closer to where I need to be to conceive.
Hope you hear something from the dean soon!

Anonymous said...

Ugh...sorry you haven't heard anything from DH's school yet.

And I hate that you feel stuck in a holding pattern, but I agree with Katie....you ARE working towards your bfp, just in a different way. Hang in there!! :-)