Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I almost forgot!

Cycle 12, CD 11

With all the happenings surrounding DH and school, I almost totally forgot about all the stuff that happened the rest of the week! As I mentioned, AF arrived on Saturday so I schlepped to both of DH's school meetings and then to work that night feeling like complete and total crap on Friday. Saturday and Sunday were back to back 12 hour shifts which left me totally exhausted. Thursday marked the official one year anniversary of the beginning of us TTC. I really didn't remember it until this weekend though. I think I'd dealt with it last Monday when AF went really nuts. I ended up with a nice hearty cry in the shower when I saw pink suds going down the drain (sorry - TMI). It just seemed so metaphorical for how I was feeling. Friday I went in to work early and saw no less than 20 cop cars in the few short miles from my house to work, the last 3 of which were camped in front of the hotel next to the urgent care. I found out later that there had been an armed robbery with shots fired (no injures thank God) at the hotel next to work not even 20 minutes before I arrived. The rest of the cop cars I had seen on my way to work were apprehending the suspects. Seriously freaky. This past Saturday my sister came down for a stitch 'n ' bitch while we watched some scary movies. I was luck enough to get my shift covered for Sunday afternoon so I could take DH to the football game. The week ended much better than it began.

And after a lot of back and forth, I ended up joining Weight Watchers today. I've done WW online in the past but never attended meetings. I've been meaning to go join for like 3 weeks now but finally went to do it today before their month free offer expires this week. I don't suppose that it was really a coincidence that the topic of the meeting today was taking care of yourself. It's not something that I do very often or very well. Finding ways and time to put yourself first is easier said than done but I suppose this is a step in the right direction. Better to do it now than trying to figure it out later with a LO, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that shooting sounds crazy! I'm glad no one was hurt. And I'm so sorry about reaching the one-year mark. :( What a shitty anniversary to celebrate. I hope things go well at DH's appointment tomorrow! I can't wait to hear about it!

Marybeth said...

I hate the milestones of TTC. I was telling Katie I'm sure to have a huge pity party when I turn over 2 years in November.

I really need to think about joining WW again. I hope that you like going to the meetings and lose all the weight you want to lose quickly and easily!

Anonymous said...

Hey....sorry to hear you and DH have had such a crappy week! I hope his meeting with the Dean gets some good results! Good luck!

I hope AF is being too much of a bitch to you....good for you for finding at least ONE way to start taking care of yourself. :-)